Ways to Increase Your Air Conditioning Efficiency
As we come closer and closer to the summer (the official start is less than a month away now!) our residential air conditioners are going to do more and more work. You know what this means: higher electrical bills. But your bills may not need to be too high. If you take some of these steps below, you can significantly increase how efficiently your air conditioner uses energy. This will not only save you money, it’ll help the AC system work longer.
- Always schedule spring maintenance: We’ve talked plenty about this before, but it bears repeating. Annual check-ups and tune-ups are the best way to maintain the energy efficiency of an air conditioning system.
- Have the ducts sealed: Leaky air ducts are perhaps the biggest way that you can end up wasting money with your air conditioner. Schedule duct repair work to make the ventilation system is airtight.
- Keep the outdoor condenser clear: Make sure that there aren’t plants or shrubs growing close to the outside cabinet of the AC. This kind of blockage will prevent the AC from working at its best.
- Regularly change the air filter: The air filter that protects the inside of an air conditioner’s cabinet needs to be replaced every 1 to 3 months. Check on it each month to see if it’s become too clogged. If it is, change it for a fresh one (or clean it if the system uses a permanent filter).
- Invest in a new, high efficiency air conditioner: Maybe it’s simply time to retire your old air conditioner and have a new one installed that has higher SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating). We offer for installation a number of excellent high efficiency air conditioning systems.
When you need professional assistance with your home cooling, call Russell’s Heating & Air Conditioning. We service Yucaipa, CA and throughout the Inland Empire and Desert Communities.